Cat 943 Service Manual
Caterpillar offers parts manuals, operation & maintenance manuals and service manuals. Parts Manuals contain detailed exploded views and part numbers of all serviced parts for Cat ® products.
Caterpillar Cat TL943 Telehandler Operation and Maintenance Manual DOWNLOAD Serial numbers. 1985 Caterpillar Cat 3208 Diesel Engine Workshop Service Repair Manual. Caterpillar Cat 953 943 Track Type Crawler Tractor Loader Service Repair Manual. Original CATERPILLAR Dealers Service Repair Shop Manual for the 953 & 943 Track Type Crawler Tractor Loaders.
These manuals give the information needed to quickly identify and order genuine Cat parts to keep your machine running at peak performance. Operation & Maintenance Manuals (OMM) contain important safety, operating, and scheduled maintenance information for current or legendary Cat products. Available in all languages in print, CD, or PDF download. Purchase Parts and Operation & Maintenance Manuals Service Manuals Contain procedures for safely and effectively testing, adjusting, troubleshooting, disassembling and assembling current or legendary Cat products.
Systems schematics and detailed technical descriptions of systems theory are also included in these manuals.
• Operation & Maintenance Manual Original Instructions Keep this manual with machine at all times. Model TL943 S/N TBL01599 & After including TBL01551 & TBL0701 Revised March 1, 2011. • CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 BATTERY WARNING Battery posts, terminals and related accessories contain lead and lead compounds, chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. WASH HANDS AFTER HANDLING!
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 EXHAUST WARNING Diesel Engine exhaust and some of its constituents are known to the State of California to cause cancer. • Revision Log Revision Log REVISION LOG November 24, 2010 - A - Original Issue of Manual December 20, 2010 - B - Revised pages 7-16, 9-4 & 9-6. March 1, 2011 - C - Revised cover. • Read This First Read This First This manual is a very important tool! Keep it with the machine at all times. The purpose of this manual is to provide owners, users, operators, lessors, and lessees with the precautions and operating procedures essential for the safe and proper machine operation for its intended purpose.
• Read This First This product must comply with all safety related bulletins. Contact JLG Industries, Inc. Or the local Caterpillar dealer representative for information regarding safety- related bulletins which may have been issued for this product. JLG Industries, Inc.
Sends safety related bulletins to the owner of record of this machine. • Read This First Other Publications Available Service Manual...31200292 Illustrated Parts Manual..31200256 Note: The following standards may be referenced in this manual: ANSI is compliant to ANSI/ITSDF B56.6 AUS is compliant to AS 1418.19 CE is compliant to EN1459 Refer to the machine Serial Number Plate to identify the applicable compliance standard. • Table of Contents Table of Contents TABLE OF CONTENTS Revision Log Read This First Operator Qualifications..b Modifications..b Other Publications Available. Volkswagen Caddy User Manual. d Table of Contents Section 1 - General Safety Practices 1.1 Hazard Classification System.1-1 Safety Alert System and Safety Signal Words.1-1 1.2 General Precautions..1-1 1.3 Operation Safety..1-2.
Taylor Hobson Manual more. • Table of Contents Outrigger Joysticks (if equipped).3-11 Right Hand Panel..3-12 Accessory Control Lever (if equipped).3-13 3.3 Steer Modes..3-14 Steer Mode Change.. 3-14 3.4 Operator Seat..3-15 Adjustments..3-15 Seat Belt.. 3-16 3.5 Boom Angle and Extension Indicators.
• Table of Contents 5.6 Attachment Installation..5-9 Mechanical Quick Coupler.5-10 Hydraulic Quick Coupler.5-11 5.7 Hydraulic Operated Attachment..5-12 5.8 Adjusting/Moving Forks..5-13 5.9 Attachment Operation..5-14 Carriage w/Forks..5-15 Side Shift Carriage..5-16 Rotate/Side Tilt Carriage..5-18 Swing Carriage..5-20 Bucket..5-22 Multi-Purpose Bucket..5-24 Fork Mounted Hook..5-26 Coupler Mounted Hook.5-28 Truss Boom..5-29. • Table of Contents Transmission Oil..7-19 Engine Cooling System.7-20 Battery..7-21 Windshield Washer System (if equipped). 7-22 Section 8 - Additional Checks Section 9 - Specifications 9.1 Product Specifications..9-1 Fluids..9-1 Capacities.. 9-3 Tires..9-4 Performance..
• Section 1 - General Safety Practices SECTION 1 - GENERAL SAFETY PRACTICES HAZARD CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM Safety Alert System and Safety Signal Words DANGER DANGER indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury. WARNING OW00 1 WARNING indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could.
• Section 1 - General Safety Practices OPERATION SAFETY Electrical Hazards 10 FT (3 M) • This machine is not insulated and does not provide protection from contact or being near electrical current. • NEVER operate the telehandler in an area where overhead power lines, overhead or underground cables, or other power sources may exist without ensuring the appropriate power or utility company de-energizes the lines. • Section 1 - General Safety Practices Tip Over Hazard General • For additional load requirements, refer to the appropriate load chart.
• Never use an attachment without the appropriate JLG approved load chart installed on the telehandler. • Understand how to properly use the load charts located in cab. • Section 1 - General Safety Practices • MAINTAIN proper tire pressure at all times. If proper tire pressures are not maintained, this machine could tip over. • Refer to manufacturer’s specifications for proper fill ratio and pressure requirements for tires equipped with ballast. • Section 1 - General Safety Practices Non-Suspended Load • DO NOT drive with boom raised.
Suspended Load • Tether suspended loads to restrict movement. • Weight of all rigging (slings, etc.) must be included as part of load. • Beware of wind. Wind can cause a suspended load to swing and cause dangerous side loads - even with tag lines.
• Section 1 - General Safety Practices Travel Hazard 2-Wheel Front Steer 4-Wheel Circle Steer 4-Wheel Crab Steer • Steering characteristics differ between steer modes. Identify the steer mode settings of the telehandler being operated. • DO NOT change steer modes while traveling. Steer modes must be changed while telehandler is stationary. • Section 1 - General Safety Practices Load Falling Hazard • Never suspend load from forks or other parts of carriage. • DO NOT burn or drill holes in fork(s). • Forks must be centered under load and spaced apart as far as possible.
• Section 1 - General Safety Practices Lifting Personnel • When lifting personnel, USE ONLY a JLG approved personnel work platform, with proper load chart displayed in the cab. • DO NOT drive machine from cab when personnel are in platform. • Section 1 - General Safety Practices Driving Hazards on Slopes To maintain sufficient traction and braking capabilities, travel on slopes as follows: • When unloaded, drive with forks pointed downhill. • When loaded, drive with the forks pointed uphill. • For additional travel requirements, refer to the appropriate load chart. • Section 1 - General Safety Practices Pinch Points and Crush Hazards Stay clear of pinch points and rotating parts on the telehandler. • Stay clear of moving parts while engine is running.