2016 Zx6r Service Manual
Kawasaki Factory Service Repair Manual PDF 1.
• Ninja ZX-6R Motorcycle Service Manual. • Quick Reference Guide General Information Fuel System Cooling System Engine Top End Clutch Engine Lubrication System Engine Removal/Installation Crankshaft/Transmission Wheels/Tires Final Drive 10 j Brakes 11 j Suspension 12 j Steering 13 j Frame 14 j Electrical System 15 j Appendix 16 j This quick reference guide will assist. • All information contained in this publication is based on the latest product information available at the time of publication.
Illustrations and photographs in this publication are intended for reference use only and may not depict actual model component parts. © 1999 Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. 7th Edition (1):Jun.
Service Manuals - Complete Factory Service Manuals. New posts: New posts: More than 50 replies or 400 views: Hot thread with new posts. Kawasaki Service Repair Manual Free PDF z750, ninja 300, z800, z1000, er-5, versys, zx6r, klr650, kx65, ninja, zx9r, zx10r, zx12r, vulcan, kx250. Repair manual zx6 97 model. Barries.:14 PM 2016 zx6r service manual, 2016 ZX6 Ninja Repair Manual Kawasaki 1990-2016 Clymer - Repair.
26, 2007 (K) • LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS ampere(s) pound(s) ABDC after bottom dead center meter(s) alternating current minute(s) ATDC after top dead center newton(s) BBDC before bottom dead center pascal(s) bottom dead center horsepower BTDC before top dead center pound(s) per square inch °C degree(s) Celsius revolution direct current. • EMISSION CONTROL INFORMATION To protect the environment in which we all live, Kawasaki has incorporated crankcase emis- sion (1) and exhaust emission (2) control systems in compliance with applicable regulations of the United States Environmental Protection Agency and California Air Resources Board. • TAMPERING WITH NOISE CONTROL SYSTEM PROHIBITED Federal law prohibits the following acts or the causing thereof: (1) The removal or rendering inoperative by any person other than for purposes of maintenance, repair, or replacement, of any device or element of design incorporated into any new vehicle for the purpose of noise control prior to its sale or delivery to the ultimate purchaser or while it is in use, or (2) the use of the vehicle after such device or element of design has been removed or rendered inoperative by any person. • Be alert for problems and non-scheduled ticular interest for more efficient and con- maintenance. • venient operation. Use proper tools and genuine Kawasaki Mo- • torcycle parts. Special tools, gauges, and Indicates a procedural step or work to be testers that are necessary when servicing done.
• General Specifications...Periodic Maintenance Chart (United States and Canada Models). Periodic Maintenance Chart (Other than United States and Canada Models). 1-11 Technical Information-KLEEN (KAWASAKI LOW EXHAUST EMISSION).1-13 Technical Information - Non-Contact Hall IC-Type Speed Sensor..
1-22 Technical Information - Alternator Made from Rare Magnet.. • 1-2 GENERAL INFORMATION Before Servicing Before starting to perform an inspection service or carry out a disassembly and reassembly opera- tion on a motorcycle, read the precautions given below. To facilitate actual operations, notes, illustra- tions, photographs, cautions, and detailed descriptions have been included in each chapter wherever necessary. • GENERAL INFORMATION 1-3 Before Servicing (11) Press When using a press or driver to install a part such as a wheel bearing, apply a small amount of oil to the area where the two parts come in contact to ensure a smooth fit. (12)Ball Bearing and Needle Bearing Do not remove a ball bearing or a needle bearing unless it is absolutely necessary.
• 1-4 GENERAL INFORMATION Before Servicing (19)Inspection When parts have been disassembled, visually inspect these parts for the following conditions or other damage. If there is any doubt as to the condition of them, replace them with new ones. Abrasion Crack Hardening Warp Bent.
• GENERAL INFORMATION 1-5 Model Identification ZX600-J1 Left Side View ZX600-J1 Right Side View. • 1-6 GENERAL INFORMATION General Specifications ZX600-J3 ∼ Items ZX600-J1, J2 Dimensions Overall Length 2 030 mm (79.9 in.), (PN) 2 060 mm (81.1 in. Case Swather Parts Manual. ) ← Overall Width 730 mm (28.7 in.) ← Overall Height 1 175 mm (46.3 in.) ← Wheelbase 1 400 mm (55.1 in.) ←. • GENERAL INFORMATION 1-7 General Specifications ZX600-J3 ∼ Items ZX600-J1, J2 Exhaust: Open 61° BBDC ← Close 33° ATDC ← Duration 274° ← Lubrication System Forced lubrication (wet sump with cooler) ← Engine Oil: Grade API SE, SF or SG ← API SH, SJ with JASO MA (ZX600J1 ∼.
• 1-8 GENERAL INFORMATION General Specifications ZX600-J3 ∼ Items ZX600-J1, J2 Front Suspension: Type Telescopic fork ← Wheel Travel 120 mm (4.7 in.) ← Rear Suspension: Type Swingarm (uni-trak) ← Wheel Travel 135 mm (5.3 in.) ← Brake Type: Front Dual discs ←. • GENERAL INFORMATION 1-9 Periodic Maintenance Chart (United States and Canada Models) The scheduled maintenance must be done in accordance with this chart to keep the motorcycle in good running condition. The initial maintenance is vitally important and must not be neglected.
FREQUENCY Whichever * ODOMETER READING comes. • 1-10 GENERAL INFORMATION Periodic Maintenance Chart (United States and Canada Models) FREQUENCY Whichever * ODOMETER READING comes × 1 000 km first (× 1 000 mile) marks (0.6) (7.5) (12) (15) (20) (24) OPERATION Every Coolant filter - clean year #: Service more frequently when operating in severe conditions. • GENERAL INFORMATION 1-11 Periodic Maintenance Chart (Other than United States and Canada Models) The scheduled maintenance must be done in accordance with this chart to keep the motorcycle in good running condition. The initial maintenance is vitally important and must not be neglected.
FREQUENCY Whichever * ODOMETER READING comes. • 1-12 GENERAL INFORMATION Periodic Maintenance Chart (Other than United States and Canada Models) #: Service more frequently when operating in severe conditions; dusty, wet, muddy, high speed, or frequent starting/stopping. *: For higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here. †: Replace, add, adjust, clean, or torque if necessary. • Technical Information-KLEEN (KAWASAKI LOW EXHAUST EMISSION) The ZX600J have catalytic converters. The secondary air injection system [A] helps Kawasaki keep motorcycle exhaust gases below the established emission regulation limits.
This system draws air into the exhaust ports, dilutes and burns harmful ingredients in the exhaust gas in order to reduce them. • 1-14 GENERAL INFORMATION Technical Information-KLEEN (KAWASAKI LOW EXHAUST EMISSION) 1. Exhaust Purification System The burned gas, which goes out from the combustion chamber, is injected with secondary air (adding necessary oxygen), and is cleaned up while passing through the small precatalytic converters in the joint pipe and the main catalytic converter in the silencer, and then goes out to the atmosphere. • GENERAL INFORMATION 1-15 Technical Information-KLEEN (KAWASAKI LOW EXHAUST EMISSION) Catalytic Converters 2. Catalyst Protection System When excessive unburned gasoline flows more than the allowable amount into the exhaust gas dur- ing running, the temperature of the catalysts rises abnormally because the unburned gasoline reacts with heated catalysts (at the activation temperature or higher).
• 1-16 GENERAL INFORMATION Technical Information-KLEEN (KAWASAKI LOW EXHAUST EMISSION) old fuel may gum up the fuel cut valves which remain seated in the float bowls. To cope with, the IC igniter test-operates the fuel cut valves when starting the engine and prevents lock of the valves. • GENERAL INFORMATION 1-17 Technical Information-KLEEN (KAWASAKI LOW EXHAUST EMISSION) Engine Ignition Protection Fuel No Running Condition Stop Remedy (Action) Switch System Cutvalve Switch Abnormal (no spark) OPEN • • Short of the ignition Inspect and replace switch the ignition switch. • 1-18 GENERAL INFORMATION Technical Information-KLEEN (KAWASAKI LOW EXHAUST EMISSION) • When the ignition switch [A] is turned off, the fuel cut valves [B] do not work. So, avoid coasting with the ignition switch OFF. • Do not run the engine nor coast the motorcycle under the misfire which occurs by defects such as a bad connection with the spark plug at the secondary wiring of the stick coil [C].
• GENERAL INFORMATION 1-19 Technical Information-KLEEN (KAWASAKI LOW EXHAUST EMISSION) • Do not run overspeed limiter too much from the standpoint to protect the engine. (Overspeed limiter has a protection system that applies ignition cut method and fuel cut method together. Conventional system applies fuel-on method.) • 1-20 GENERAL INFORMATION Technical Information-KLEEN (KAWASAKI LOW EXHAUST EMISSION) Secondary Air Injection System 1.
Air Cleaner Housing 6. Exhaust Valve 2. Carburetors 3. Inlet Silencer 8. Inlet Pipe 4.
Vacuum Switch Valve 9. Inlet Valve 5. Air Suction Valve 2) Operation of Three-way Catalytic Converter The three-way catalysts are used for the catalytic converters and the main catalytic converter.
• GENERAL INFORMATION 1-21 Technical Information-KLEEN (KAWASAKI LOW EXHAUST EMISSION) 3) Property of Catalyst Most catalysts are powders of metal or of metallic compounds, and they increase the rate of a chemical reaction. Catalysts are supposed to act in some way to loosen the bonds of the reacting substances. Hobart Cl44 Manual. In other words, they lower the energy of activation, thus allowing the reaction to proceed more rapidly. • 1-22 GENERAL INFORMATION Technical Information - Non-Contact Hall IC-Type Speed Sensor Details The electronic combination meter unit, superior to the conventional type in weight and durability is installed on the ZX600-J. The hall IC-type speed sensor is installed on the ZX600-J together with it, which needs no cable and speedometer gears. • GENERAL INFORMATION 1-23 Technical Information - Non-Contact Hall IC-Type Speed Sensor • In the internal system of the Hall IC, the switch is operated in accordance with the magnetic induction alternator. This makes the square wave equal to the pulse of the rotor nut output.