Yamaha Bws Service Manual
• OWNER’S MANUAL YW100E 4VP-F8199-E3. • EAU00001 Welcome to the Yamaha world of motorcycling! As the owner of a BW’S100, you are benefiting from Yamaha’s vast experience in and newest technology for the design and the manufacture of high-quality products, which have earned Yamaha a reputation for dependability. • 9 This manual should be considered a permanent part of this scooter and should remain with it even if the scooter is subsequently sold. Dodge Durango 2017 Car Repair Manual more.
Owner’s manual ©2007 by yamaha motor corporation, u.s.a. Nical service as indicated by the owner’s manual and/or when made neces-sary by mechanical condi. View and Download YAMAHA BWS CW50 owner's manual online. BWS CW50 Scooter pdf manual download. Also for: Bws cw50l, Bws cw50n.
9 Yamaha continually seeks advancements in product design and quality. Therefore, while this manual contains the most current product information available at the time of printing, there may be minor discrepancies between your scooter and this manual. • IMPORTANT MANUAL INFORMATION EW000002 PLEASE READ THIS MANUAL CAREFULLY AND COMPLETELY BEFORE OPERATING THIS SCOOTER. • IMPORTANT MANUAL INFORMATION YW100E OWNER’S MANUAL ©2006 by Yamaha Motor Taiwan Co., Ltd.
1st edition, Sep 2006 All rights reserved. Any reprinting or unauthorized use without the written permission of Yamaha Motor Taiwan Co., Ltd. Is expressly prohibited. Printed in Taiwan.
• EAU00009 TABLE OF CONTENTS GIVE SAFETY THE RIGHT OF WAY.1-1 Front trunk.. 3-8 FURTHER SAFE RIDING POINTS FOR THIS Luggage hook.3-8 MODEL.. 1-2 Sidestand..3-8 Sidestand switch operation check.3-9 DESCRIPTION.. 2-1 Left view..2-1 PRE-OPERATION CHECKS.4-1 Right view.. • TABLE OF CONTENTS Final gear oil replacement.6-9 Troubleshooting.6-23 Air filter cleaning. 6-9 Troubleshooting chart.
6-24 Carburetor adjustment.6-11 Throttle cable free play adjustment.6-11 SCOOTER CARE AND STORAGE.7-1 Tires.. • TABLE OF CONTENTS. • EAU00021 Q GIVE SAFETY THE RIGHT OF WAY Scooters are fascinating vehicles, which can give you an unsurpassed feeling of power and freedom. However, they also impose certain limits, which you must accept; even the best scooter does not ignore the laws of physics. Regular care and maintenance are essential for preserving your scooter’s value and operating condi- tion.
• EAU02964 FURTHER SAFE RIDING POINTS FOR THIS MODEL Left turn Right turn 8 Be sure to signal clearly when 8 Street car rails, iron plates on 8 Do not carry too much luggage making turns. Road construction sites, and on the scooter. An overloaded 8 Braking can be extremely diffi- man-hole covers become ex- scooter is unstable.
• DESCRIPTION Left view 1. Headlights (page 6-20) 6. Rear turn signal (page 6-21) 2. Front turn signal (page 6-21) 7. Kick starter (page 3-6) 3. Luggage hook (page 3-8) 8. Air filter (page 6-9) Seat (page 3-6) 9.
Centerstand (page 6-17) 5. • DESCRIPTION Right view 11. Rear wheel (page 6-14) 16. Battery (page 6-19) 12. Rear turn signal (page 6-21) 17. Front wheel (page 6-14) 13. Taillight (page 6-21) 14.
Fuel tank (page 3-5) 15. Trunk (page 3-7) • DESCRIPTION Controls/Instruments 18. Rear brake lever (page 3-4) 23. Oil level indicator light (page 3-2) 19. Left handlebar switches (page 3-3) 24. Fuel gauge (page 3-2) 20.
Speedometer (page 3-2) 25. Front brake lever (page 3-4) 21. Turn indicator (page 3-2) 26. • INSTRUMENT AND CONTROL FUNCTIONS EAU02954 EW000016 The oil level indicator light should Never turn the key to “OFF” or come on. 2016 Jeep Cherokee Sport Service Manual more. For details about the oil “LOCK” when the scooter is mov- level indicator light, refer to “Oil ing. The electrical circuits will be level indicator light”. • “*” position or does not go off when the 1.
Turn indicator light”5” Speedometer oil level is sufficient, have a Yamaha 2. High beam indicator light”&” Fuel guage 3. Oil level indicator light”7”. • INSTRUMENT AND CONTROL FUNCTIONS EAU00129 Horn switch “*” Press the switch to sound the horn. Dimmer switch Light switch Start switch”,” 2. Turn signal switch Horn switch”*” EAU00134 Lights switch EAU00118 Handlebar switches Turning the light switch to “'”, EAU00121 turns on the auxiliary light, meter Dimmer switch.
• INSTRUMENT AND CONTROL FUNCTIONS Fuel tank cap Oil tank cap EAU00158 EAU00163 EAU02966 Front brake lever Rear brake lever Fuel and oil tanks The front brake lever is located on The rear brake lever is located on the The fuel tank and oil tank are located the right handlebar. • INSTRUMENT AND CONTROL FUNCTIONS EAU00185 Always wipe off spilled fuel imme- diately with a dry and clean soft cloth. Fuel may deteriorate painted surfaces or plastic parts. Filler tube 2. Fuel level Breather hose EAU01183 EAU00191 EAU02955 Fuel Fuel tank breather hose Recommended fuel: Make sure there is sufficient fuel in This model is equipped with a fuel.
• INSTRUMENT AND CONTROL FUNCTIONS EAU02956 Two-stroke engine oil Make sure there is sufficient two- stroke engine oil in the oil tank. Add the recommended oil as necessary. Recommended oil: Yamalube 2 or 2-stroke engine oil (JASO FC grade or ISO EG- C, EG-D grade) Kick starter Oil tank capacity.
• INSTRUMENT AND CONTROL FUNCTIONS 9 Put wet articles in a vinyl bag when storing them in the trunk. 9 The trunk may get wet while the scooter is being washed. Put articles in a vinyl bag before storing them in the trunk. 9 Do not put anything in the trunk that is valuable or easy to break. • Do not exceed the load limit of 1.5 sition.
If the stand is not properly re- tracted, it could contact the ground and distract the operator, resulting in a possible loss of control. Yamaha Luggage hook has designed into this scooter a EW000032.
• The Be sure to use the centerstand dur- engine will start. Ing this inspection. Put the sidestand down. If the engine stalls: The sidestand switch is OK. EW000045 If improper operation is noted, con- sult a Yamaha dealer immediately. • EAU01114 PRE-OPERATION CHECKS Owners are personally responsible for their vehicle’s condition. Your scooter’s vital functions can start to deterio- rate quickly and unexpectedly, even if it remains unused (for instance, if it is exposed to the elements).
Any dam- age, fluid leak or loss of tire pressure could have serious consequences. Therefore, it is very important that, in addition to a thorough visual inspection, you check the following points before each ride. • PRE-OPERATION CHECKS NOTE: Pre-operation checks should be made each time the scooter is used. Such an inspection can be accomplished in a very short time, and the added safety it assures is more than worth the time involved. If any item in the Pre-operation Check is not working properly, have it inspected and repaired before operating the scooter. • If the oil level indicator light does function that you do not thor- Never accelerate hard with a cold not come on, ask a Yamaha dealer oughly understand.
To inspect it. 9 Never start your engine or let it. • OPERATION AND IMPORTANT RIDING POINTS EAU00433 EAU00435 EAU00436 Starting off Braking Engine break-in After warming up the engine: 1. Close the throttle grip. There is never a more important pe- 1. Apply the rear brake lever with 2.
Apply both front and rear brakes riod in the life of your scooter than your left hand and hold the grab simultaneously with light pres. • Stop the engine and let it cool for 5 during the break-in period, consult to 10 minutes after every hour of a Yamaha dealer immediately. Vary the speed of the scooter from time to time. Do not op- EAU00460 Parking erate it at one set throttle position. • DEMAND THAT EACH OWNER AL- rapid engine wear may result. Con- information for completing some of TER THIS TIME SCHEDULE TO sult a Yamaha dealer for proper your own preventive maintenance SHORTER INTERVALS TO MATCH maintenance intervals.
And minor repairs. • PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR NOTE: If you do not have necessary tools required during a service operation, take your scooter to a Yamaha dealer for service. EW000063 Modifications to this scooter not ap- proved by Yamaha may cause loss of performance, and render it unsafe for use. • PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR EAU00473 Periodic maintenance and lubrication chart ODOMETER READING(km) ANNUAL ITEM CHECKS OR MAINTENANCE JOB 1,000 6,000 12,000 18,000 24,000 CHECK 9 Check fuel hoses and vacuum hose for cracks or damage.
• PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR ODOMETER READING(km) ANNUAL ITEM CHECKS OR MAINTENANCE JOB 1,000 6,000 12,000 18,000 24,000 CHECK 9 Check operation. √ √ √ √ √ √ Sidestand switch √ √ √ √ 9 Check operation and for oil leakage. Front fork 9 Check operation and shock absorber for oil leakage. • PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR * Since these items require special tools, data and technical skills, they should be serviced by a Yamaha dealer. EAU01450 NOTE: 8 The air filter needs more frequent service if you are riding in unusually wet or dusty areas. • PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR 1.
Cowling Panel Protection bar Cowling A 2. Remove the cowling screws, EAU01139 EAUT0483 Cowling A Cowling and panel removal disconnect the headlight leads and installation To remove coupler and remove the cowl- 1. Remove the front protection bar The cowlings and panels illustrated ing. • PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR Headlight leads coupler Panel B Spark plug wrench To install EAU01315 EAUT1529 Panel B Spark plug 1.
Connect the headlight leads To remove Removal coupler. Remove the screws. Remove panel B. (Refer to page 2. • If a torque wrench is not available problems yourself. Instead, take the when you are installing a sprark scooter to a Yamaha dealer.