Briggs And Stratton 28n707 Service Manual
Briggs & Stratton Small Engine Model 28N707. Repair Help for 28N707/0162-01 Briggs & Stratton Small Engine Repair Help for Briggs & Stratton Small. Briggs and Stratton 28N707-0113-01 Carburetor Exploded View parts lookup by model. Complete exploded views of all the major manufacturers. It is EASY and FREE.
• Single Cylinder OHV CE8069 Out of Production Engines (1919-1981) Air-Cooled Engines Quality Starts With A Master Service Technician www.thePowerPortal.com (Dealers) bRiGGsandstRattoN.coM (consumers) BRIGGS&STRATTON Post office box 702 Milwaukee, wi 53201 usa coRPoRatioN ©2009 Briggs & Stratton Corporation Part No. 276781-8/09 8/09.
• FORWARD This manual was written to assist engine technicians and service personnel with the repair and maintenance procedures for Briggs & Stratton engines. It assumes that persons using this manual have been properly trained in and are familiar with the servicing procedures for these products, including the proper use of required tools and safety equipment and the application of appropriate safety practices. • This Engine Repair Manual includes the following Engine Models: MODEL 110000 HORIZONTAL SERIES • • MODEL 120000 HORIZONTAL SERIES • MODEL 150000 HORIZONTAL SERIES • MODEL 200000 HORIZONTAL SERIES • MODEL 210000 HORIZONTAL SERIES • MODELS 97700 & 99700 VERTICAL SERIES •. • SECTION 1 - Safety, Maintenance and Adjustments SECTION 2 - Troubleshooting SECTION 3 - Exhaust Systems SECTION 4 - Fuel Systems and Carburetion SECTION 5 - Governor Systems SECTION 6 - Cylinder Heads and Valves SECTION 7 - Starters SECTION 8 - Lubrication Systems SECTION 9 - Cylinders, Covers and Sumps SECTION 10 - Crankshafts, Camshafts, Balancing Systems, and Gear Reductions SECTION 11 - Pistons, Rings and Connecting Rods. • THISPROPER SERVICE AND REPAIR IS IMPORTANT TO THE SAFE, ECONOMICAL AND RELIABLE.
• SECTION 1 - SAFETY, MAINTENANCE, AND ADJUSTMENTS ENGINE SAFETY- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 4 BRIGGS &. • ENGINE SAFETY This repair manual contains safety information and cause leakage, flow restrictions, or that is designed to: other failures. • Make you aware of hazards associated • Check fuel lines and fittings frequently for with engines.
Cracks or leaks and replace if necessary. • WARNING WARNING Briggs & Stratton does not approve or autho- Running engines produce heat. Engine parts, especially mufflers, become rize the use of these engines on 3-wheel All extremely hot. Terrain Vehicles (ATV’s), motor bikes, fun/rec- Severe thermal burns can occur on reational go-karts, aircraft products, or vehi- contact. • WARNING WARNING Starting engine creates sparking. Rapid retraction of starter cord (kick- Sparking can ignite nearby flammable back) will pull hand and arm toward gases. 1991 Honda Crv Repair Manual. Engine faster than you can let go.
Explosion and fire could result. Broken bones, fractures, bruises, or •. • BRIGGS & STRATTON NUMERICAL IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM YOUR KEY TO THE WORLD’S FINEST ENGINES This chart explains the unique Briggs & Stratton numerical model designation system. It is possible to determine most of the important mechanical features of the engine by merely knowing the model number. Here is how it works: The first one or two digits indicate the approximate CUBIC INCH DISPLACEMENT. • ENGINE MAINTENANCE Fuel and Oil Recommendations Oil must meet these requirements: Fuel must meet these requirements: • Briggs & Stratton Warranty Certified oils • Clean, fresh, unleaded gasoline. Are recommended for best performance.
• A minimum of 87 octane / 87 AKI •. • Maintenance Chart Flywheel Brake Model Series 97700, 99700, 110000, 120000 First 5 Hours Vertical Shaft • Change oil The flywheel brake is part of the safety control system required for some applications. While Every 8 Hours or Daily running at FAST speed position, the flywheel •. • Figure 3 Figure 4 6. Using a torque wrench and socket to fit the flywheel nut, turn flywheel clockwise with 4. Inspect brake pad on brake lever. Replace brake engaged.
While turning at a steady brake assembly if thickness is less than rate, torque reading should be 26 lb.-in. • Combustion Chamber 2. Gently tap air filter cartridge on a hard surface to loosen debris. Replace Remove combustion chamber deposits every cartridge if very dirty. 500 hours or whenever the cylinder head is 3.
Wash foam filters and pre-cleaners in removed. • Figure 10 Figure 7 Figure 11 Figure 8 Figure 12 Figure 9. • Figure 15 Figure 13 Figure 16 Inspection 1. Check hood for cracks or worn mounting holes. Replace if necessary. Check primer hose for brittleness or leaks and check stop switch and wire for Figure 14 damage.
Replace parts as necessary. • Oil and Oil Filter Spark Plug Spark plugs should be replaced every year. WARNING Gasoline and its vapors are extremely flammable and explosive. NOTICE Fire or explosion can cause severe burns or death.
Spark plugs have different thread “reach” and heat ranges. When changing a spark •.
• Cooling System WARNING Running engines produce heat. Severe burns can occur on contact. • Allow muffler, engine cylinder fins, and radiator to cool before touching. • Remove accumulated combustibles from muf- fler area and cylinder area. Figure 19 - Rotating Screen Dirt or debris can restrict air flow and cause the engine to overheat, resulting in poor performance and reduced engine life. • ENGINE ADJUSTMENTS Remote Control Wire Travel The remote control wire should measure 2.125” (54 mm) when extended outside the casing (Figure 21).
After installation, the travel of the remote control wire must be at least 1.375” (35 mm) to properly actuate the choke (on Choke-A- Matic®. • Vertical Models 110000, 120000 with Primer Carburetors 1. Loosen casing clamp screw (A, Figure 24, Figure 25). Move throttle lever to fast position. Move casing in direction of arrow until slack is removed. Tighten casing clamp screw.
• Governor Adjustments Top No Load Adjustment Vertical Models 97700, 99700 A complete governor system adjustment 1. Place throttle (A, Figure 30 and 31) in includes a static adjustment, engine warm-up, FAST position and insert a 1/8” (3.2 mm) idle and/or governed idle adjustment, and top no- rod (B) through holes in carburetor control load adjustment. • Top No Load Adjustment Vertical Models 3.
Hold throttle lever against idle speed 110000, 120000, 150000 with Primer screw and, using Tachometer #19200 or Carburetors #19389, adjust to 1500 RPM. Start engine and run until it reaches throttle lever. Operating temperature. • Idle and Top No Load Adjustment Horizontal Idle and Top No Load Adjustment Vertical and Vertical Models 200000, 210000 Models 280000, 310000, 330000 All carburetor mixture adjustments should be 1. Start engine and run until it reaches made before adjusting governor speeds. Operating temperature.
Move equipment speed control to idle Adjust Valve Clearance position. All Models - Except Vertical Models 110000, 3.
Turn idle screw to obtain 1750 RPM 120000 Early Production minimum. Then turn idle mixture screw clockwise NOTE: Check valve clearance while the engine slowly until engine begins to slow. • Vertical Models 110000, 120000 Early Production 1. 2018 Vmax 1200 Manual. Using a feeler gauge (A, Figure 42) adjust the locking hex nut (B) to obtain the correct clearance as listed in Section 12 - Engine Specifications.